What's the current status and team direction? - Quasar - Intron Theory Forums
 Quasar - Intron Theory Forums > General > Ask The Quasar Team A Question

Ask The Quasar Team A Question Please mention the subject clearly in the topic title

11th November 2008  #1
Yavor

: Nov 2008
: Tavira, Portugal
: 5
Post What's the current status and team direction?

I am not very into XCOM or UFO but i would like to have an insight into this game project. I am not very good modeler either or a sound designer(i make some attempts to create techno music :P http://www.sectionz.com/detail.asp?rType=mp3&SZID=27582).
I worked on a Zombie game FPS project that had as a principle that every member would decide the features and discuss it and everybody would contribue how much and the way he can. Problem was a pro modeler guy came in the team and the main programmer started positively discriminating him.
What i mostly liked was to give my ideas and and influence the style of the game and its dynamics.

If you could give me an insight of where the team is heading, what the teams doing now and what are the planned features, I would like to give my opinion and decide if i can be helpful

Thanks
11th November 2008  #2
Vintage
Administrator

: Nov 2005
: 1,684
Re: Hello

I believe this is rather a question than a suggestion. Moving topic to appropriate forum.

I'll answer your question over there.
11th November 2008  #3
Vintage
Administrator

Re: What's the current status and team direction?

Hi Yavor,

We're currently building up a team that will build milestone 1. This first milestone will consist of the core game engine and logic that is put to use in a model viewer. The model viewer creation will offer us the possibility to easily test and evaluate our work in a shorter development period. Development officially starts on 15 november.

Furthermore in this milestone, game engineers and architects will build the foundations for Milestone 2. The goal of that milestone can be seen once you've become a member. We do not want to spoil any surprises

The general goals with requirements have been made 1 year in advance. This means that we have a deadline with fixed goals to reach within one year.

We are a team with professional endeavours. The Quasar community rules strictly forbid any form of discrimination, racism, vulgar, ... behaviour. Any team- or forummembers violating this agreement get a warning. Whenever that warning doesn't stop the person from violating the rules, he/she gets banned.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them by creating a new thread in this subforum.

greets,

Vintage
12th November 2008  #4
Yavor

Thanks for the reply . As i understand it, milestone 1 is mostly for the programmers team. Later then the engineers and architects will come in handy?
It is very good that the realization of the milestones will begin so soon, and I would like, if possible, to see the "design document".

Thanks
12th November 2008  #5
Vintage
Administrator

Not really. Milestone 1 is just as important to programmers as it is to game engineers and artists. Writers and Sound artists are a little bit more on the background, yet they will create very important work as well during this period.

The design document and other game development assets are not publicly available at the moment. This will stay this way until the project has reached a strong level of maturity. The project's progress will be made visible on the website.
13th November 2008  #6
Yavor

Ok thank you.