My pet hates - Quasar - Intron Theory Forums
3rd April 2007  #1
The_Enigma
quasar writer

: Nov 2005
: 230
My pet hates

As I have been playing XCOM Enemy Unknown, I would just like to ask why so many "features" or bugs were in it.

My pet hates:

1) Why 80 items? Just WHY?!
2) You can fire THROUGH UFO walls now, reaaaaally?
3) How come that floater can survive a heavy plasma blast at point blank range so well it simply kills the soldier who fires?
4) Why bother with anything but autofire? No point is there?
5) Why are the civilians so STUPID?! Stop running round in circles, and get the hell out of there....
6) .... I didn't say run straight onto the craft now, did I? How am I supposed to get the rest of the platoon out?
7) An entire craft of sarges and capts... erm.. those ranks sound a little screwy..
8) Why on earth would the commander of all XCOM forces get off the plane first? Asking for it if you ask me...
9) There's a research tree, not pick the route you want in order to get there...
10) How come it takes so long to heal your soldiers? Do they take a month's paid vacation as well as being treated?
11) Same goes for aircraft... what are they waiting for? Christmas?!

Probably more, will think of some more later.
3rd April 2007  #2
Kora
Administrator

: Mar 2007
: Moscow, Russia
: 377
Re: My pet hates

1) what's so bad about 80 items?
2) hell knows. But you as can see, ther are lots of holes on UFO walls. (bang-bang-bang) Now.
3) reflex roll 20+
4) Heavy laser + aimed shot = 140% guarantee of a dead alien
5) well, because they were stupid enough not to get away during that day your skyranger flew to terror place
6) your favourite autofire
7) but it's cool to rule a couple of colonels
8) He plays real leader.
9) try "Terror from the deep"
10) That depends on their wound actually. Unless he has half of his body melted down by 3 direct plasma hits, he recovers in 3-5 days usually, if his HP's were restored at the battlefield, + 1 week per every fatal wound he had in combat.
11) well, have you ever seen engineers busy themselves with FIXING that aircraft they just build? look at these holes all around the hull! definetely, guarantee is null, it's soldier's business to repair their faulty crafts, if they cannot handle it properly.